Athletes use a variety of health and wellness products to enhance performance to keep their edge, so it’s no surprise to see CBD products being added to these lists. Both the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) removed CBD from the list of prohibited substances. (Here is the 2019 WADA Prohibited List.)
CBD is a compound extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant that is frequently in the headlines and research is being released to support positive results for a variety of health-related concerns by athletes.
Athletes are adding CBD to their health care routine for these 5 popular benefits:
- Pain Relief – Weekend warriors and triathletes all need pain relief from time to time. I use it for biking and on flights for an injured knee. Our Pain Relief cream is a #1 seller!
- An Alternative to NSAIDs (Aleve, Ibuprofen, Motrin) and Opioids – Serious safety concerns with regular use of these painkillers include heart attack, strokes, kidney damage, and gastrointestinal bleeding. CBD is being used as an alternative to these products.
- Reducing Inflammation and Oxidative Damage – Physical and muscular stress and injuries cause inflammation. Many athletes are using CBD for everything from reducing hip flexor pain to treating and protecting the brain from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE).
- Settle the Gut and Reduce Vomiting and Nausea – CBD can help eliminate or reduce these symptoms that often appear with intense training or before and after performance.
- Improve Sleep and Mood – Stress, Anxiety, and Depression can affect sleep which in turn can affect performance or even hinder motivation to work out. Lack of sleep affects virtually everything in our overall well being an has been tied to weight gain. Our CBD Oil can be used to help with falling asleep, intermittent waking and insomnia.